Friday, August 3, 2012
Hooray for the Library!
In a recent newspaper article outlining all of the ways to beat the heat during these dog days of summer, I was thrilled to see my favorite place: The Local Library! Yes, it was right up there with water parks, movie theatres, bowling alleys, and the zoo. Allow me to list, aka David Letterman, my top ten reasons for visiting my community library;
10. It has air conditioning.
9. I can read the New York Times for free.
8. Computers are available.
7. They offer wonderful adult classes, lecture series, blood pressure screenings, annual blood donation events and even aerobics!
6. DVD's and CD's are yours for the borrowing.
5. There are wonderful children's classes as well, oftentimes including special themed summer reading programs.
4. You can afford Movie Nights for the whole family, sometimes pets included!
3. Writer's Critique Workshops often convene there.
2. Authors come to speak and conduct book signings.
What's not to love?