Welcome!

Please join us to discuss everything literary (especially kid literary): good books, the writing life, the people and businesses who create books, controversies in book world, what's good to snack on while reading and writing, and anything else bookish. We welcome your thoughts.

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

TEN for TUESDAY--TEN CLASSICS



I asked friends to give me a book that they read as a child and that they still can recall today. Number one on that list?
The Secret Garden. Why? Because it was about friendship.

Here is the list:
1. The Secret Garden
2. The Little House Books
3. Nancy Drew Series
4. Anne of Green Gables
5. The Lion, The Witch, and the Wardrobe
6. The Little Princess
7. The Black Stallion
8. Up a Road Slowly
9. The Giving Tree
10. Bridge to Terabithia

There you have it! A list of remembered classics.

1 comment:

  1. Great list! I've never read "Up a Road Slowly", but it made it onto your list and I loved Hunt's "Across Five Aprils", so I'll have to put it on my to-be-read-soon list. :)

    ReplyDelete